Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Morning Breakfast - French Toast

Ingredients:
Bread (thick sliced preferred)
2 cups egg nog
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs, beaten
Cinnamon
Butter
Fresh fruit such as sliced strawberries, bananas or blueberries (or a combination of) and or maple syrup
Powdered sugar

Instructions:
Whisk together egg nog, milk and eggs. Dip bread in egg mixture, sprinkle with cinnamon. Grill on hot, buttered griddle, until golden brown on each side. Top with fruit and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Or serve with butter and maple syrup.

3 comments:

Elisabel said...

I think I will try this recipe before Christmas morning! I know my sister will love it! Thanks for the post.

Karen said...

This sounds like a good recipe. I made eggnog cookies a while back and it wasn't an overpowering taste. My DH would love these!

wfbdoglover said...

my tummy is rumbling!