Friday, October 17, 2008

Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

Alot of show, thanks to Paula Deen. I have made this in the past and is a real hit with company. 2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5.1-ounce) box of instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar or brown sugar splenda
1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping (I made mine with real whipped cream, 1 pint of whipping cream whipped with 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional

Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a trifle bowl.

5 comments:

Karen said...

This is beautiful! Sounds delish, too!

Queen B. said...

ooooooo my gosh, are you even kidding me ? That is absolutley gorgeous. I just love Miss Paula Deen !!!
Great job, thanks for sharing !
Going to make it soooon !!

Jewel Atkins said...

I was searching Deb's comments at Smitten Kitchen on the Salted Caramel post, and I came across a comment I left, thinking, I don't remember making this comment! So I hovered above my name, and there was a completely different website than my own! So I decided to stop by and introduce myself. I am definitely going to have to try this trifle...just gotta get myself a trifle dish!

Melissa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I saw this recipe and immediately added it to my starred recipes. I think I'll make this for Thanksgiving! Beautiful!

Elle said...

Holy cow, this looks good! I have a severe weakness for all things pumpkin. Thanks so much for coming by my site and commenting - I'm looking forward to enjoying your posts here!