Thursday, October 23, 2008

Peaceful Starts

I love crisp mornings. Today it was a bit damp and foggy – an Irish morning. Wrapped in my cozy robe and my feet off the cool floor – I sit and take a deep breath. There is nothing better than waking early and sitting with a hot cup of tea. It has always been my favorite time, a time to get a grip on the day, a time to think clearly before the children get up or a time to just relax before a day at work.

The more productive I became with my thoughts and plans, the more I loved this time of the day. So many wonderful things are planned during this time. Birthdays, holidays, special meals, vacations – I seemed to have always planned the fun things during this time – I guess that says a lot for the mood a little peace and quiet can put you in.

I know that many of you may like to sleep in but do try getting up early, before the house and starting your day with silence – a time just for you. You and those around you will benefit from this. It’s a time to remember and to plan the important things - before the rush of the day makes you forget.

3 comments:

wfbdoglover said...

I have been doing it all week! It is great isn't it? I even made muffins one day!

wfbdoglover said...

Hi Jewel, Thanks for your B&W comment.... I had to change a few things on my comments because of some spam. I changed to a full page and for some reason, it wasn't allowing comments... so thanks for letting me know.

I thought I commented on this blog, but I had been getting up at 5:30 the last week. It was great and quiet! I made muffins one morning and got some cleaning done on others.. it is nice to get up early!

The Tulip Lady said...

I am just getting to the stage where my children sleep regular, through the night, hours...it is a beautiful thing. I have recently started getting up early because my husband works from home and I have two little girls so there are four people in our house all...day...long! The only time that I get to be by myself...5:30 in the morning.

Thanks for stopping by, come by often!