Wednesday, October 1, 2008

WFMW - Kitchen Organization

Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer has a theme to her Works For Me Wednesday post...this time all are asked what works for us in the KITCHEN – our best tip as to what works for us in keeping our kitchen organized.

I keep a laptop in my kitchen – for everything and everyone in the household:

- The family calendar, which includes family plans, birthdays, school calendar/activities. Including addresses as well as GPS addresses to sporting events, parties, etc.
- Recipes, meal plans and grocery list. Link to grocery site.
- Chore assignments.
- One click links to essential web sites, i.e.: school website (current grades status of children)
- One click link to my husbands work calendar.
- Phone numbers.

To get more great tips for kitchen organization, visit Rocks in My Dryer.

5 comments:

Natashya said...

One way that I keep organized with the baking community is to use sticky tabs with the dates written on them in the pages of the cookbooks for Tuesdays with Dorie and other book based groups.
I like your idea of sharing organizing tips, it appeals to my virgo nature!

Heart of Wisdom said...

I never thought of having the central location for the laptop in the kitchen. But I can see how it could work... Thanks for the tip..

I have two blog post this Tuesday. Photos of our typical morning on my personal blog at http://heartofwisdom.com/heartathome and an explanation of Changes at my homeschool blog
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog

Come See Me!
Robin@heartofwisdom.com

wfbdoglover said...

WOW that is an absolutely amazing idea!! I am going to talk to my husband about that!! I like it...

Shoulda been a belle... said...

Hi! Thanks for following my Christmas blog! Looks like I'll have to start visiting your blog for a few recipe inspirations!

:)
Char

Baby Tunnel Exodus said...

Great tips! And always nice to see a Wisconsin gal in the blogosphere; I'm originally from Madison. Blessings, Whitney