Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fettuccine Chicken Fettuccine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Green Onions

24 ounces fresh fettuccine
5 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
20 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast (uncooked), cut into chunks
6 teaspoons minced shallots
1 cup Chardonay
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
14 ounces whipping cream
1 cup sliced, sun-dried tomatoes (do not rehydrate)
1-1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Parsley sprigs and Parmesan cheese for garnish

Prepare pasta according to package directions, cooking al dente. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Set aside.

In large saute pan, cook chicken with remaining 4 tablespoons oil over high heat. When chicken is half cooked, add shallots and cook about 40 seconds. Add wine, salt and pepper and saute until wine is reduced by one-third.

Add cream and cook until sauce reduces and thickens, 8 to 10 minutes. Once chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced, toss with fettuccine, dried tomatoes, green onions and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley if desired and serve with additional Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.

3 comments:

Meg said...

All my favorites in one dish! YUM!

Queen B. said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE THT COMBO ! Can't wait to try it...

Ali said...

oh yum!! I love chicken, green onions and sun dried tomatoes. I had a similar combo from a restaurant and it was my favorite thing on the menu. The dish I had (with bowtie pasta) was very spicy and SO GOOD! Yum, I miss it.